Maine & CDC Requirements for Cosmetologists, and Barbers
You can find the full document here: Covid-19 Checklist for Phase 1 : Cosmetologists and Barbers. Below is a summary.
- Clients must wear a mask.
- Clients may not self-serve. Please ask for assistance
- Clients should cancel their appointment if they are sick in any way or have been around others who are sick.
- Clients should come to the appointment alone. Do not bring children or family or friends.
- Schedule appointments with adequate time in between.
- Ask each client Coronavirus-related health questions ahead of time.
- Limit people in the establishment.
- See clients by appointment only.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Provide workers with up-to-date COVID information and training.
Personal Protective Gear
- Establishment employees, including practicing owners must wear face masks at all times.
- Change gloves, gowns, drapes, linens and eye coverings between each client.
- Clean and disinfect reusable items or discard in a closed container.
- In accordance with Barbering and Cosmetology Program Rule Chapter 26, all tools, implements and equipment must be cleaned and sanitized in accordance with required standards.
- Wash hands with soapy, warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds between every client service.
- clean all surfaces and tools with hot soapy water, Ship-shape or cleaning wipes (if using wipes, be sure to cover surface thoroughly) before disinfecting.
- Disinfect all surfaces, tools, implements, equipment, and linens, even if cleaning occurred prior to the closing of the establishment.
- Provide Barbicide® or EPA disinfectant wipes, liquid disinfectant containers, and Barbicide® concentrate/or EPA approved disinfectant for disinfecting technical implements and work areas.
- Ask clients to wait outside in their car or at least 6 feet apart outside the entrance door until their appointment.
- Discontinue all beverages and snacks.
- Avoiding the exchange of cash can help greatly in preventing spread of virus, but if this is unavoidable, be sure to wash and sanitize hands well after each transaction.
- Clean and disinfect all retail areas, daily, including products.
- Place a sign prohibiting clients from self-serving in the retail area and to ask for assistance.
- Clean and wipe all door handles and other surfaces that are regularly touched by clients and staff with disinfectant wipes.
- Clean and disinfect ALL restroom surfaces including floors, sinks and toilet bowls.